Are you planning to take your e-cigarettes on holiday? Well, it opens a can of worms, isn’t it? It is indeed a risky proposal given the fact that vaping is banned in several countries. Abroad travel can be puzzle to solve for vapers out there. Well, there are several things you need to look into when you go abroad on a holiday taking your e-cigarettes. Let’s have a look so that you can stay out of trouble in a foreign land.
Can I carry it on a plane?
This is one of the frequently asked questions when it comes to vapers going on holidays. Sorry to break it to you, you will not be allowed to use e-cigs on planes anymore. If you must have a fix then you should take it before you board the plane. You can vape outside the terminal of the airport before you board the plane. That is the only way. Another thing that you need to keep in mind that you should put the e-liquid in a good container before you board the plane. Else, you might get into trouble with the airport security.
You are supposed to keep the e-liquid bottles in a plastic bag, which will be provided by the airport. You are supposed to take only up to 100ml liquid with you. If you carry more than this amount then they will take it away from your hands!
Another most important thing is to wrap your e-cig. You can use paper towels to achieve the same. Or you can go for a sealed bag. Why is it so? Well, change in atmospheric pressure during the travel can cause the container to leak. And this is to protect your bag from such a scenario.
Be aware of the law
- You need to be aware of the law regarding e-cigs in the destination country. You cannot really be naïve about this.
- In case if you are doubtful about something, then you can ask somebody. What if you don’t speak the language of the country you visit? You can’t really take chances there. So it is better to be prepared well in advance. You can simply check on the internet as well to learn more about the e-cigs policy of the destination country. It is highly recommended.
- You should have a hang of the local laws regarding vaping. In several foreign countries vaping isn’t allowed at all. You need to know that Brazil and Mexico have totally banned e-cigs. There are other countries as well on the list.
- There are many other countries which have put restrictions on the size of the device. And you also need to check the availability of e-liquid in the destination country. If it is not available then you will have to keep that in mind as well. Nonetheless you can only bring max 100ml. You will have to adjust with that during the course of your journey.
- Well, the most intelligent thing you can do is to do thorough research before you board the plane, which will save you lot of troubles.